There’s a lot you need to know when it comes to getting a Florida Title Loan.
Not only is it hard to find a direct lender in Florida, but you also need to know what to look for in terms of a quality company. You can always go the online route and find a legitimate company that provides online auto title loans.
But many prospective borrowers feel more comfortable meeting with a lender face to face at retail lending location. In an ideal situation, an applicant will have researched their financial options and decided that auto equity loan is the best option for them. Beyond that, they need to feel comfortable with their lender and loan terms.
Auto Title Loans - How Much Can You Borrow Against Your Car Title?
619-620 = High Interest Rates
Here is a story about Liz and Hernando Bodia. They became victims of the system and were paying interest rates that can be branded like a highway robbery. Hernando owned a home and in 1998 became totally disabled. He had about $20,000 in equity in the home and had an un-blemished payment record.
Hernando was involved in a work-related accident and was deemed 100% disabled by the Federal Social Security Commission. During the time that he became disabled, he couldn't make payments on his home. The lender (won't mention names) has a stellar reputation in the mortgage industry for preying on the BC market or in street terms - financing people with less than perfect credit.
Hernando realized his situation and contacted the bank. He in his simple manner, asked if the bank could provide a program to make his payments after he receives his Social Security settlement. They could have extended the mortgage. They knew he was getting Social Security. When Hernando got his Social Security Check, he offered to make all of the back payments. He was refused because the house was already in foreclosure.
They virtually stole his home. But the worst part is the entry of foreclosure on his credit report. What a shame! Hernando subsequently married Liz and they were able to buy a home on her credit and income. The story does not end here. She recently wanted to refinance to take advantage of a better interest rate. We took the mortgage application. Her Beacon score was 619. Remember back in the articles when we talked about Beacon scores. 620 was the magic number that underwriters use to separate consumers from being conforming or non-conforming.
If your credit score is 619, you are automatically put into a sub-prime category. This means you might pay 9 ½% for a mortgage rather then 7 ½% that a good credit risk might pay. Doesn't sound fair but let's run the numbers.
7 ½% on $100,000 the first year is $7,500. 9 ½% on the first year is $9,500. Multiply that by 30 years and you see the real cost of what a 619 Beacon score can cost you. Anyway, Liz had an entry on her credit report that showed she was 30 days late on a mortgage payment. Now we know about electronic underwriting where the underwriter is a machine that simply is locked up in the basement of the bank building and the only thing that it can do regarding underwriting is respond to what is placed in front of it. It is not allowed to ask questions or find out the reasons for certain things.
Then we have manual underwriting. But this takes a little effort and time. God forbid that some fancy pants loan officer would actually try and help someone. Manual underwriting means that a real live person looks at a mortgage application and an accompanying credit application. When the obvious presents itself (such as a credit score within one point of becoming conforming), it would be prudent for that loan officer to ask questions or find out the reason.
In the case of the family above, it was evident that the loan officer was either out playing golf, having coffee or simply deciding whether or not to answer his voice mail (that really is everyone's pet peeve). I want to wander for a minute regarding mortgage applications and how manual underwriting could help this family obtain a conforming mortgage.
Liz had kept all records. She was never late. She talked to the lenders representatives and was told that there was nothing that could be done. Her record showed a (30) day mortgage late and she had to pay the costs and other expenses related to this situation.
Now, you tell me how an average working person can solve a situation like this. Should she hire an attorney? What could he do? How much would he charge? Well, Liz and Hernando are not folks that "fell off of the fruit truck". They thought of an ingenious way to get the best attorneys to represent them and not pay any money. What you say? Well here is what they did. Rather than go through the aggravation of dealing with incompetents, Liz contacted the Florida Department of Banking and reported her dilemma.
Now remember, Liz was an impeccable keeper of records. She provided the Department of Banking and Finance with all records and proved her contention that she was never late. The State of Florida notified the lender in a very terse letter letting them know that they might be audited. Lo and behold, the lender sends a letter to the State of Florida and to Liz and for some unknown reason, they conveniently found the misplaced payment. Wonders will never cease, when the big boys know that you are serious. Liz got a check back for all of the charges, her credit report was made clean and she got her credit scores raised and her new mortgage followed.
There is a moral to this story. When you run into that "brick wall" because someone in the system has "power and authority" and they can only respond with "no", use the example of Liz and Hernando. There are various different branches of government where people are paid to listen to the complaints and problems of consumers. Politicians maintain a staff to listen to problems that just might "help the cause". These folks are paid to help you. Why not use them to intercede on your behalf. The key here is the manner in which Liz kept records. If you think that because you are upset and mad and can yell louder than the next door neighbor's "german shepard" , think again. That gets nothing. BUT, good records are evidence of someone that is organized. Thanks, Regis Sauger
Since a title loan is a short-term loan, it wouldn’t be reasonable to expect to receive a loan worth 100% of the vehicle’s resale value. One of the most crucial issues is the actual resale value of your car or truck. The average maximum amount available for such loans tends to be about 50% of a vehicle’s resale value. However, sometimes that figure is up to 75% of the vehicle’s resale value.
Top 5 Reasons Vehicle Title Loans Are So Popular
Title loans have the same features as a secured loan, except for a single aspect. While secured loans do not spell out the type of collateral that will suffice it, title loans specifically require cars or any other vehicle to act as collateral. Vehicles may be used to guarantee secured loans too. Secured car loans, for instance, offer borrowers money to help them purchase cars. In this case, either the new automobile or an older automobile may be used as collateral. Thus, secured car loans too may be termed as a title loan.
Title loans are named thus because of the lenders demanding the certificate of ownership of the vehicle, known as the title. The borrowers are thus not restricted from making use of the vehicle during the period of the loan, because only title is held by the lender.
loans are generally taken for a shorter term. Like other short-term loans, the title loans too are expensive owing to the higher interest rate. Title loans fulfil short-term needs. Immediately as the borrower gets hold of resources, he pays the title loan and recovers the title to his automobile. Therefore, the cost that a person has to incur in terms of interest is lesser.
However, a clear title on the vehicle is the prerequisite for such loans. This also helps in accelerating the process of approval of the loans. These loans are customarily faster approved than the regular loans. As soon as a borrower approaches the lending organisation, the loan is sanctioned after making some necessary checks regarding the credit history of the borrower, and whether he has a clear title to the automobile.
The borrowers must however know that inability to pay the title loan can lead to a permanent loss of the vehicle. The amount left after the paying the unpaid balance of title loan may be claimed by the borrower. The borrower may be asked to hand over the vehicle at a specified date and time, thus giving him an opportunity to remove his belongings from the car, that are not a part of the car pledged.
The process of obtaining assistance through title loans is no different from the other loans. Borrowers have to be watchful for lenders who charge exorbitantly high rates of interest. One must take title loans only from the licensed lenders who are authorised to offer these loans. They may even undertake checks to ensure that these lenders have the necessary credentials to offer title loans.
Lending organisations have title loan deals advertised on their websites. Alternatively, the borrower may contact the lending organisations personally. This will however be an arduous task since the number of lenders in the UK has increased appreciably. Most of the online lenders have linkages with other many other lenders. All these lenders get to suggest deals matching the borrowers' requirements. Since the borrower is under no obligation to accept these deals, he always has a choice.
Vehicle constitutes an important asset and it cannot be risked to any deal without considering its various aspects- both positive and negative. Discussion with independent experts will surely lead borrowers to the best deal title loan.
- Closest Title Pawn Jacksonville – Networth Direct
- Title Credit Loan Miami – Networth Direct
- I Need A Title Loan Tampa – Networth Direct
- No Title Car Loan Orlando – Networth Direct
- Same Day Title Loans St Petersburg – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Payments Hialeah – Networth Direct
- Money Title Loan Tallahassee – Networth Direct
- New Deal Title Loan Fort Lauderdale – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Default Port St Lucie – Networth Direct
- 1 Hour Title Loans Cape Coral – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Agencies Pembroke Pines – Networth Direct
- Clear Title Loan Hollywood – Networth Direct
- Title Loans Miramar – Networth Direct
- Same Day Title Loans Gainesville – Networth Direct
- Money Title Loan Coral Springs – Networth Direct
- Closest Title Pawn Miami Gardens – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Process Clearwater – Networth Direct
- Closest Title Loan Pompano Beach – Networth Direct
- New Deal Title Loan Palm Bay – Networth Direct
- I Need A Title Loan West Palm Beach – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Office Lakeland – Networth Direct
- Same Day Title Loans Davie – Networth Direct
- Buy My Title Loan Miami Beach – Networth Direct
- Non Title Loans Plantation – Networth Direct
- Car And Title Loan Boca Raton – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Fast Sunrise – Networth Direct
- Title For Cash Now Deltona – Networth Direct
- I Need A Title Loan Palm Coast – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Fast Largo – Networth Direct
- Title Loans In Deerfield Beach – Networth Direct
- I Need A Title Loan Melbourne – Networth Direct
- Small Title Loans Boynton Beach – Networth Direct
- Car Title Loans In Fort Myers – Networth Direct
- No Title Car Loan Lauderhill – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Agencies Weston – Networth Direct
- Cash Title Pawn Kissimmee – Networth Direct
- Cash And Title Homestead – Networth Direct
- About Title Loans Delray Beach – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Default Tamarac – Networth Direct
- Bank Car Title Loans Daytona Beach – Networth Direct
- Speedy Title Loans Wellington – Networth Direct
- About Title Loans North Miami – Networth Direct
- No Title Loans Jupiter – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Companies North Port – Networth Direct
- Title Loans Port Orange – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Laws Coconut Creek – Networth Direct
- Getting A Title Loan Ocala – Networth Direct
- Make A Car Title Sanford – Networth Direct
- Car Title Lenders Margate – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Process Sarasota – Networth Direct
- Car Title Lenders Doral – Networth Direct
- Cash Title Pawn Pensacola – Networth Direct
- No Title Car Loan Bradenton – Networth Direct
- Money For Car Title Palm Beach Gardens – Networth Direct
- Pawn Your Car Title Coral Gables – Networth Direct
- Bank Car Title Loans Pinellas Park – Networth Direct
- Define Title Loan Bonita Springs – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Default Apopka – Networth Direct
- Closest Title Pawn Titusville – Networth Direct
- Title For Cash Now Cutler Bay – Networth Direct
- Pawn Your Car Title Oakland Park – Networth Direct
- No Title Loans North Miami Beach – Networth Direct
- Car Title Loan Help Fort Pierce – Networth Direct
- Cash And Title North Lauderdale – Networth Direct
- Speedy Title Loans St. Cloud – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Direct Altamonte Springs – Networth Direct
- Car Title Pawn Shop Ocoee – Networth Direct
- Car Title Loan Rates Greenacres – Networth Direct
- Us Money Title Loan Ormond Beach – Networth Direct
- Buy My Title Loan Hallandale Beach – Networth Direct
- Speedy Title Loans Winter Garden – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Fast Oviedo – Networth Direct
- Auto Car Title Loans Panama City – Networth Direct
- Loan On My Car Title Aventura – Networth Direct
- Auto Title Lender Lake Worth – Networth Direct
- Getting A Title Loan Royal Palm Beach – Networth Direct
- Car Title Pawn Shop Plant City – Networth Direct
- Local Title Loans Winter Haven – Networth Direct
- Easy Car Title Loans Dunedin – Networth Direct
- New Deal Title Loan Cooper City – Networth Direct
- Cash And Title Lauderdale Lakes – Networth Direct
- Auto Car Title Loans Winter Springs – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Companies Riviera Beach – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Relief Dania Beach – Networth Direct
- Money Title Loan Miami Lakes – Networth Direct
- Title Loans Clermont – Networth Direct
- Car Title Loan Help Winter Park – Networth Direct
- Car Title Loan Quote DeLand – Networth Direct
- Make A Car Title Parkland – Networth Direct
- Best Car Title Loans Casselberry – Networth Direct
- Title Loan No Income Rockledge – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Default Key West – Networth Direct
- Title And Loan Temple Terrace – Networth Direct
- Us Money Title Loan Palmetto Bay – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Terms Tarpon Springs – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Apr New Smyrna Beach – Networth Direct
- 1 Hour Title Loans Hialeah Gardens – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Services Sebastian – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Center Crestview – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Office Jacksonville Beach – Networth Direct
- Small Title Loans Haines City – Networth Direct
- Car And Title Loan Sunny Isles Beach – Networth Direct
- Car And Title Loan Venice – Networth Direct
- Car And Title Loan Palm Springs – Networth Direct
- Us Money Title Loan Fort Walton Beach – Networth Direct
- Title Loan Default Leesburg – Networth Direct
- Title Loans In Edgewater – Networth Direct
- Simple Title Loans Naples – Networth Direct
- Title And Loan Sweetwater – Networth Direct
- Define Title Loan West Melbourne – Networth Direct